Customer Interviews for your company site — Analysis Made easier
You’ve conducted the interviews – enlightening weren’t they will? It’s now time to put everything that information absolutely in your head upon paper, and pull everything together right into a complete picture.
This article uses on from our previous document which offered tips on how to conduct the interviews themselves. Here we give you some conceivable techniques to apply whilst analyzing your interviews, helping fungal your outcomes into some thing tangible.
Kind your conclusions into a liaison
After selection interviews you’ll find that you have lots of interesting thoughts and ideas moving around the head, but very likely in not any clear composition. The outcomes will be easier to understand and convey to others if they are purchased into a crystal clear narration.
The ultimate way to do this to accomplish this is to put everything down on paper and sift through the results to create a final unified story.
Post-it notes & a white colored board
2. Put all the concepts, suggestions and findings you found in each interview onto sticky notes (each point ought to be on its own note).
* Try to avoid long content as you should be able to quickly scan this and really know what it refers to, each post-it should only contain up to 10 sayings.
* Feel free to use short quotes or simple summaries if that they sum up the finding very well.
* Put in a number or an interviewee name to the corner to help you keep track exactly where each post-it came from.
5. If you interviewed people right from differing communities (for case in point new and returning customers) patterns will be easier to spot if you place a symbol to each post-it (or used colouring co-ordinated post-its) to show which in turn group they will belonged to.
After the interviews you’ll know the common topics that appear through the selection interviews, so move the post-its around and group these people accordingly.
Spend some time with this, you may find the first groupings switch over time. This can be called a great ‘affinity diagram’. An advantage of using post-its is that you can view the entirety of your results at once, instead of seeing a small part on a screen any kind of time one time. Looking at the ‘big picture’ will allow you to visualise what is going on more easily than attempting this visualisation in your mind alone. An additional is that post-its give you the versatility to make www.weinkaufen.at additionally changes to the diagram if and when needed.
If you are able to, do this on a white board. This has 2 advantages:
* It truly is feasible draw bands around the organizations, and add annotations where needed.
* The post-its might feasibly stick and stay where you need them (rather than deciding to fall to the floor at most inopportune times).
Essentially you’re building a visual counsel (almost a mind map) of the end result. Once is actually visualized, you will discover it’ll generate a lot more feeling.
Don’t forget why you had been conducting the interviews
The first document emphasized the necessity to have a definite goal once conducting the interviews:
“The aims of interviews should be discover:
2. Users’ needs and goals.
* Just how users carry out tasks in your site (or would perform if features was available).
* What users think the site presents them (and what more that they really want/need). ”
This could act as a handy framework to apply your studies, and should become remembered whilst conducting the analysis. Yet keep in mind that the advantage of interviews is certainly their overall flexibility so if you come to feel placing an alternate focus on the results makes clear your results, you can do and so.
Bounce your opinions off another person
Stand in front side of your post-its and talk your findings through with someone (or several people). Encourage questions. You will not be allowed to answer every single question, however, you will find just where gaps within your explanations will be. Talking throughout your findings can even help even more clarify your thoughts, and you’ll appreciate where the breaks are within your overall photo.
You may also locate bouncing creative ideas off those that didn’t be present at the interviews useful. Looking at the effects with somebody with a different perspective from your own can generate ideas you may not have considered or else.
Take your time
There is the first couple of several hours will be filled with a madness of producing and grouping post-its, you must then sleep on the result. You will find the subconscious will keep on implementing the problems, and you could well get you get up with further ideas, or when taking a soak within a bath, or perhaps on the walk home… There always exists further portions to add, and changes to be made to your cast diagram.
Developing your studies from selection interviews is like making a photograph by hand. It takes as well as if you speed through the method then the end result is much less it should be. Invest some time over the each stage, you will possess been given a phenomenal amount of information to method during the interviews, so ensure every thing relevant gets down and a clear total message is capable of develop.
Once you’re done it really leaves the ‘simple’ matter of:
* Making whatever adjustments are had to your site
5. Producing gentes
* The diagnosis of problems with your current site
5. Directing fresh design ideas
another one in the thousands of complications interviews may feed extremely useful information into . But these “small” concerns might be possible knowing your hard work will pay off come go live.
As i have said in the previous article “interviews are a good way to find in-depth information about the users”, just remember that more effort is needed than expected to get those good results.