Customer Interviews for your website – Analysis Simple
You’ve done the selection interviews – informative weren’t they? It’s now time to put all of that information which in your pensiuneapoianaizvoarelor.ro head down on paper, and pull everything together right into a complete picture.
This article employs on from our previous content which gave tips on how to perform the selection interviews themselves. In this article we give you some possible techniques to work with whilst examining your interviews, helping mold your benefits into anything tangible.
Style your findings into a liaison
After selection interviews you’ll find that you could have lots of interesting thoughts and ideas bouncing around the head, but almost certainly in simply no clear structure. The results will be much easier to understand and convey in front of large audiences if they are bought into a very clear narration.
The ultimate way to do this to achieve this is to place everything upon paper and next sift through the results to generate a final unified story.
Post-it notes & a bright white board
* Put all the concepts, choices and conclusions you found in each interview onto sticky notes (each point must be on its own note).
* Try to avoid long phrases as you should be able to quickly scan that and really know what it refers to, each sticky should just contain up to 10 key phrases.
* Twenty-four hours a day use short quotes or perhaps simple summaries if that they sum up the finding very well.
* Place in a number or perhaps an interviewee name towards the corner so that you can keep track exactly where each post-it came from.
2. If you evaluated people right from differing groupings (for example new and returning customers) patterns will be easier to location if you place a symbol on each of your post-it (or used colour co-ordinated post-its) to show which usually group that they belonged to.
After the selection interviews you’ll know the common styles that seem through the selection interviews, so move the post-its around and group all of them accordingly.
Invest some time with this, you may find the original groupings transform over time. This can be called an ‘affinity diagram’. An advantage of using post-its is that completely illuminated the entirety of your results at once, instead of seeing a tiny part on a screen at any one time. Seeing the ‘big picture’ will allow you to visualise the proceedings more easily than attempting this visualisation in your head alone. An additional is that post-its give you the flexibility to make further more changes to your diagram whenever needed.
When you are able to, make this happen on a bright white board. This has 2 positive aspects:
* Allows you to draw bands around the teams, and add observation where needed.
* The post-its will likely stick and stay where you need them (rather than deciding to fall to the floor at most inopportune times).
Essentially you’re setting up a visual portrayal (almost a mind map) of the final result. Once it can visualized, you’ll find it’ll generate a lot more perception.
Don’t forget how come you were conducting the interviews
The first article emphasized the need to have an obvious goal the moment conducting the interviews:
“The aims of interviews are to discover:
* Users’ needs and goals.
* Just how users total tasks on your own site (or would carry out if efficiency was available).
* What users believe the site gives them (and what more they will really want/need). ”
This might act as a useful framework to put on your studies, and should always be remembered although conducting the analysis. Yet keep in mind that the advantage of interviews is normally their overall flexibility so if you come to feel placing an alternative focus on the results clarifies your studies, you can do therefore.
Bounce your ideas off some other person
Stand in front side of your post-its and discuss your conclusions through with someone (or several people). Encourage concerns. You will not be competent to answer just about every question, however you will find wherever gaps inside your explanations are. Talking through your findings may also help further clarify your opinions, and you’ll know where the gaps are inside your overall picture.
You may also discover bouncing tips off folks who didn’t show up at the selection interviews useful. Viewing the benefits with an individual with a completely different perspective from your own can make ideas you do not have considered normally.
Take your time
There is a first couple of several hours will be filled with a madness of authoring and grouping post-its, you should then sleep on the consequence. You will find your subconscious help keep on implementing the problems, and you might well find you awake with additional ideas, or when having a soak in a bath, or on the walk home… There always exists further parts to add, and changes to be made to your cast diagram.
Producing your studies from selection interviews is like possessing a photograph by hand. It takes time and if you dash through the process then the end result is less it should be. Take some time over the each stage, you will have been given an outstanding amount info to process during the interviews, so ensure all relevant gets down and a clear general message has the ability to develop.
Once occur to be done it merely requires leaves the ‘simple’ couple of:
* Making whatever changes are had to your site
2. Producing gentes
* The diagnosis of problems with your present site
5. Directing new design ideas
another one in the thousands of problems interviews may feed extremely useful information into . Require “small” concerns might be made easier knowing your hard work are going to pay off arrive go live.
As stated in the previous content “interviews are a great way to find in-depth information about the users”, just remember that more effort and hard work is needed than expected to pull out those brilliant results.